Tuesday, October 9, 2012

You Win Some, You Lose Some


Firstly, I just have to apologize for the monstrous Shepherd’s Pie recipe I linked to last week. I had my doubts when looking at it and should have gone with my gut. Absolutely disgusting and zero flavor. Oddly enough my Beloved seemed to like it . . . but then again he rarely says anything bad about anything I make an effort to fix (except pink beef stroganoff – don’t ask). So, I will try to stick with recipes that I know work and aren’t offensive to taste buds.  :o/

Secondly, please bear with me as I have not posted this week’s 4 Under $40. It’s in progress, but there was a death in our church family and I had to make a quick trip out of town instead of my trip to Ingles. Tonight is either taco night or spaghetti night depending on your family preference so knock yourself out and I’ll try to have the numbers up this evening. An overview for the rest of the week is below.

Also, if you read my blogs I would love to see your name under “Followers.” Now that’s not follower in a creepy David Koresh kind of way, just looking to see if anyone out there in cyber-world is marginally interested in anything I’m doing here. I love getting emails from some of you who have sent me quick and easy weeknight recipes. I cannot wait for a chance to give them a shot.

Have a wonderful day!

~Megan

Tuesday
Have a Taco Tuesday or Spaghetti night tonight. Throw in lettuce and tomatoes and you have a great dinner.
Wednesday
Church! (I’m not sure I’ve harped enough on how wonderful it is to take my kiddos to church on Wednesday nights and let someone else worry about their dinner!)
Thursday
Pot Roast is a Sunday favorite around here, but since it does so well in the CrockPot I am not afraid to have it during the week as well.
Friday
Soup Night! I’ll post recipes for both Homemade Chicken Noodle and Leek and Potato soups. They are amazing. The chicken noodle will be a little cheaper and easier, but the Leek and Potato is worth every ounce of effort necessary. You’ll never go back to a loaded potato soup again!

No comments:

Post a Comment