Wednesday, December 19, 2012

He's here. Now what do we do?

We finally met Denys today. I don't know how exactly to describe the event:

Hi, where's your id?
Here's your kid.
See you in a month.

Now, don't get me wrong. These ladies work long and hard to make sure everything goes that smoothly. It was just a bit overwhelming when that extra-efficient moment finally came.

Up until I saw him walk up to us I thought I had this thing whipped. I was not going to sweat it. I figured we'd figure it out and I wasn't going to worry. I'm not sure The Preacher was ever fooled, but I nearly had myself convinced.

By the time we were walking back to the vehicle I nearly panicked. I felt all trembley. Jason began to tell me the things he needed to do once we got home and my only thought was, "DON'T LEAVE ME WITH THE BABIES!"

We ran by the groc because I was out of everything and in the last few days a trip to the grocery store had just not fit in. Denys chose pizza. Score! At least that's one food down that he'll eat. We got home and they ate and I looked at the clock.

11:30. We're only into this thing not quite 3 hours. We still have 27 days and 17 some odd hours to go! What on earth have I gotten myself into?!?

Fast forward a few more hours.

It's 4p now and I'm thinking I can handle this. He seems excited about his room. Jonah and Millie Grace have taught him the joy of Nerf gun wars. They've put a hurting on Wii bowling. Even Anna Ruth is getting into the action yelling, "DENYS!" every few minutes. I did have to wash the sweater he flew in wearing and we will definitely be learning the joys of deodorant.

We'll see if he likes barbecue chicken for dinner and whether or not he sleeps tonight. But, I think he may survive this trip to the USA and life in the chaos that is the Hatchett family.

Lord, be big for us all.

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment