Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Today is the Day . . .


There are no words to express the anxious excitement we are all feeling today. I haven't slept well in two nights; poor Jason has had to suffer through my tossing and turning. I had big plans yesterday. I was going to get the house all cleaned up and just hit Ingles today and relax. Um, didn't happen. I left home at 9am and got home nearly 12 hours later. I have a list a mile long of things that need to be accomplished before this evening. My tummy is rumbling with butterflies and I'm praying the kids are so tired they sleep until noon.


And then I take a deep breath and I sing -
                                       
                                       I cast all my cares upon you.


I think I learned that song from Psalty the Singing Songbook over 20 years ago, but it pops into my head often these days. I don't know that this is a Psalm; I Peter 5:7 is most likely the closest literal translation. Anyone? But, it is certainly a sound way to approach the the day and the worries of my little world.

I am gently reminded that Denys (who is flying over Europe as I type this) does not care all my floors are mopped or that the kiddos drawers are all neat or even that the laundry is all done. God has not prepared our home for him as an example of perfect tidiness. Truthfully, he probably comes from a much neater home than I have to offer him.

I am to afford him a palace of love. Yes, by keeping the floors swept, and the laundry done, and the toilets wiped down I will show him a great deal of love - the same as I do for all the other wild hooligans that abide here. Stressing about these things will rob me of the energy and the joy needed to love him and his time here will become burdensome. And that does not seem like a very good trade.

Today, with much prayer and thanksgiving and intentional joy, I will do what I can and leave off what must wait. I will be ready when our Ukrainian arrives. I will smile and laugh and love and sleep like a log whenever bedtime finally arrives tonight. I will cast all my cares on Him.

2 comments:

  1. Megan, Ps. 55:22 might be some of the basis of the Psalty song. Don't be impressed by my Bible knowledge...I just read this verse yesterday as I'm reading through the Psalms. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm a sovereignty girl so there's no doubt it's an orchestrated event - Profound Bible knowledge or not! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete